Monday, April 20, 2009

Falling Heroes

As most everyone who knows me is aware of I have nongay love for Kevin Smith. There was a time when he made a movie it would feel as though he was speaking to me. This applies to Clerks, Chasing Amy, Dogma and Clerks 2 even Jersey Girl. I did not care for Zach and Miri and Mallrats and JSBSB are not the emotional films that the previous list are. I used to love listening to Mr. Smith talk be it in an interview on a DVD or on SModcast. Although in the last year I feel any connection I had to him seems to be fading fast. After Z&M wrapped Kevin Smith told a story of watching that finished movie with one of the stars all the while smoking pot. I do not look down on those that smoke pot, although I am pursuing a career that make me the enemy of pot smokers everywhere. Pot has changed my once hero into that guy you know that smokes too much pot. Here are a sampling of the things that he posted on Twitter today in order of their Tweeting.




Now after that one I tweeted this "What happened to you?You have turned into kind of a douche.I hope pot is worth it." He read it and even more odd to me he acknowledged it. It's all here:


I heard someone say that you should never meet you heroes because they'll only let you down but when I met my hero it was awesome. It's now that I feel let down.

No comments:

Post a Comment